Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bought this years ago...the lovely proprietor of a wonderful shop called Modern Age on Broadway in downtown New York was closing his shop. I fell in love with this Arabia Charger the minute I saw it in the case. Mark sold me this piece for $100. It is a huge piece and the date on the back has sentimental value to me. Also, I later found out that Mark closed his store because he was dying from AIDS. He was a gentleman through and through and I will always remember him and his shop with fond memories.

2 comments:

  1. I love this shop. I bought two Florence Knoll cabinets there years ago. I'm so happy you have a blog that I can refer to. I'm writing about your doors for next Monday and will add your link. I'm sure my followers will be as excited to meet you as I was. Stan

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Stan...thanks ever so much! I am still devouring your book...I love it and want to thank you for being an inspiration to me... all the best, Emilie

    ReplyDelete