Thursday, November 19, 2009

CAT-O'-NINE-"TALE"


There once was a wise old Chinese antique's dealer and he had a tiny little shop in the city of Shanghai. One day an English dealer walked into this tiny little shop in Shanghai and spotted a valuable Ming Dynasty porcelain bowl on the floor filled with milk no less! There next to it was an old scruffy cat.
"What a beautiful cat you have there" said the Englishman.
"That old beast" said the shopkeeper.
" Say, I would like to buy that cat, I like him" said the Englishman.
And so after some haggling back and forth the two dealers came to an agreement and a cat was sold.
"Oh, by the way, I think it would be a good idea if you would give me his bowl so that the cat will feel comfortable in his new home" the Englishman said.
"So sorry, but no, you see that bowl has sold over 100 cats for me!"


No comments:

Post a Comment